1.25.2009

A time spent with my family :a reunion dinner

Today is the eve of New Year, and as usual, we have our family reunion and we have steamboat like the past few years. But unlike the past few years, there are lesser family members attending the reunion.
When I reached my grandma house today, the first thing I did was to went to my aunt room and sleep (I was really tired) the next thing I did was to cover my nose to block the pungent smell produced by the burning of charcoal (I am annoyed as other people said it smelled nice when obviously it stinks). Soon, I was ask to drink some shark fin which was made by my aunt (it is the type of shark fin you can buy at any night market but my aunt added a few real shark fin in it).
Then, we started eating, it is really delicious, as we had lots of dishes such as crabmeat, fish balls ,prawns and many others, but my all time favorite was still the crabmeat, as it is long and eating many of them can make you full but with soy sauce, it will make you want more of them thus making you really full (to me that is the objective of eating steamboat).
I was about to stop eating when my parents kept on giving me vegetables to eat (the type of vegetables which is bitter and are dark green in color). I ask them to stop giving me, but they say it is good for my health. Soon, we were ready to go home after watching television.
All in all, I enjoyed the chance for me to be with my family members to sit down and eat our dinner today and I will certainly looked forward for next year new year eve, which is a year moreā€¦

Nil Sine Labore,
Wei Hang

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home