1.28.2009

Time flies and in a blink of an eye the first two days of Chinese New Year has passed. I had thoroughly enjoyed these two days, but I found that the red packets I got were seemingly lesser (probably due to the economic downturn).

On the first day of New Year, I went to my uncle's place to pay respect to my ancestors (this is a tradition which we do every year). After which, we sat down and watched television (this is the most boring thing we did in the whole of New Year).
After sitting down for awhile, we went to our grandaunt's house. We had a good meal of yong tau fu (it was really delicious but my father as usual, kept on giving me dishes which I did not want). After I ate my lunch, I sat down and played a friendly match of play station portable (PSP) games with my cousins (which was constantly distracted by my relatives as they kept on persuading us to take photos).
Later on in the afternoon, we travelled to another cousin's house to eat popiah, it was delicious but the chili sauce which I added was really spicy. My cousins later came to my house and we had spaghetti for dinner.

Some of the photos we took:




-----------

On the second day, we went to a dim sum restaurant. Although we reached the place very early, we still had to queue for an hour as it was really crowded. After a sumptuous meal, my parents went to my uncle's house again (where they played mahjong for the second day in a row).
By night time, my father fetched my cousins home and then we went home and slept.
This year's Chinese New Year was shorter then the past two years and probably due to this, the red packets I had collected were lesser then the past few years. But all in all, I had enjoyed this year's Chinese New Year as I got to meet up with some of my cousins whom I had not seen for ages. So, I cannot wait for next year's Chinese New Year and I hope it will be a longer one compared to this year.

Nil Sine Labore,Wei Hang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home